Student’s  ID

Student’s  ID- a document which certifies student’s status. It contains personal data and a photograph. The cost of ID is 17 zloty and you must pay it while paying your college tuition. ID cards are issued at the beginning of October.

Dean’s Office

Dean’s Office- room 2/1. You may get your Student’s ID, prolongate it, apply to Dean or get some advice concerning students’ problems.

Dean’s Groups

Dean’s Groups- each student belongs to the group depending on forms of classes. The groups are organized by Dean. They are available in Virtual Dean’s Office and on the notice boards in the lobby. The change of group needs to be approved by the Dean. Language groups are created based on the placement test taken by students.

Schedule- classes begin on 1st October.

Student’s email address

Student’s email address- at University of Business students are required to use the email address Each email should be signed and contain: and surname (as in the passport)

2. year of studies

3. degree

4. major

Student ID’s number

Each student has their unique individual number. It is used to identify students. It is written in the third line on Student’s ID and it is needed to log in to Virtual Dean’s Office.

Virtual Dean’s Office

Virtual Dean’s Office- you can find there your schedule, subjects and lecturers. You can check your payment status , find answers to your questions and so on. To access Virtual Dean’s Office you need to enter your ID number (login) and a password (your date of birth YYYY-MM-DD)

University legal regulations

The most important legal document is University Statute (available in Virtual Dean’s Office and Dean’s Office). The other important regulations of University Rector or Dean are available in Virtual Dean’s Office and on the notice boards in the lobby.


Students  who need certificates concerning student’s status, required by bank or others should apply for them at Dean’s Office. The issue of certificates is possible only when all payments are made on time and students take all required tests without delay.


A foreigner who comes to Poland with a visa is obliged to have insurance of  minimal amount 30 000 euro, valid during the planned time spent in Poland. The insurance should cover healthcare expenditures, staying in hospitals and coming back to the country of origin due to health problems or death.

You may take out insurance in your country ( the list of insurance agencies you may find on the consulate website) for one year, then take out an insurance in Poland.

Student foreigner may voluntarily take out insurance in the National Health Fund or in private insurance agencies.

NFZ Insurance

Monthly contribution amounts to 46,80 zł. For doctor’s appointment one must have a copy of contract with NFZ, Social Security (ZUS) application and confirmation of payment of last month’s contribution.

How to sign a contract with National Health Fund?

1.Prepare the documents: the  student certificate, Student’s ID, passport

2. Apply for voluntary insurance in Lower Silesian Branch of National Health Fund (Dawida Street nr 2)

3. After signing a contract you must register it in ZUS ( the branch depends on the place of residence)

For people living in Sródmieście district and Psie Pole district: I Inspektorat ZUS in  Wrocław, 50-225 Wrocław,  Reymonta Street 4/6

For people living in Fabryczna district and Stare Miasto District: II Inspektorat ZUS in Wrocław, 53-641 Wrocław,  Litomska  Street 36

For people living in other districts: III Oddział ZUS in Wrocław, 50-930 Wrocław,. Pretficza  Street 11

Private Insurance

The students may take out a group private health insurance Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń Zdrowie S.A. for foreign students at University of Business.

Pesel Number

You will get it during registration of residence.

Pesel is a basic record number obligatory in Poland. It is given to every foreigner who lives in Poland. The foreigners who intend to stay in Poland no longer than 30 day do not have to get Pesel number. Documents needed: passport and the documents obtained in Poland-visa, residence card, temporary permit to stay.


Foreign students who study full-time have a right to work without permit (Regulation of Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of 21st April 2015).

You may find job ads here:


Foreign Diploma Validation

You must check if your school diploma is equivalent to Polish diploma :

If your diploma is not covered under international contract, you must apply for validation at Local Education Authority ( Kuratorium Oświaty)

Kuratorium Oświaty in Wrocław

Plac Powstańców Warszawy 1

50-153 Wrocław

tel. 71 340 63 36,

fax 71 340 63 22

More information available on website:

Legalization of stay

Foreigners not living in UE who study in Poland may apply for temporary permit to stay. Students may obtain this permit if the purpose of their stay in Poland is beginning studies at Bachelor or Master Studies or continuation of full-time daily studies. First residence card you get for 15 months, next one may be issued for the time of studies, no longer than 3 years.

Where to get Residence Card?

Lower Silesian Governor’s Office (,

Passport and Customer Service Department

Powstańców Warszawy 1

Working hours: Monday and Wednesday 8am-6pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-4pm

More information available here:,Studia.html

Application for temporary stay should be submitted personally. While submitting a student is obliged to have their fingerprints taken

Booking an appointment:,System-rezerwacji-wizyt.html


  • The Governor may refuse to issue another residence permit if a foreign student failed the exams during academic year.
  • If the student is crossed off a list of students the Rector or Head of Recruitment  is obliged to notify immediately The Governor in a written form about this situation.
  • After graduation, a graduate of Polish University is allowed to stay in Poland for one year and look for a job.

Registration of residence.

Citizens of countries not belonging to EU must register at Municipal Office  the latest on the fourth day of stay in Poland, if they are going to stay longer than 14 days.

To register for temporary stay you need:

  • A passport
  • Visa or residence card
  • Application for temporary stay
  • Rent contract or a signature of a person who is owner of the flat on the document ( this document must be shown at the office). Students who live in a dormitory register there.

More information:

Registration is free of charge.

Sworn translations

Documents issued in foreign languages ( school diplomas, certificates etc.) should be translated at the Polish sworn translator, registered at State Register of Sworn Translators of Polish Ministry of Justice.

More information regarding sworn translators :

Useful links:

Organization supporting foreigners living in Wrocław 

International Friends of Wrocław- helps foreigners to join local community

„ Ukraine „ Fundation:  

InterNations Wrocław – a group of foreigners in Wrocław:

Wrocław Uncut – independent portal about Wrocław -

Portal for immigrants: